Call Campus Safety (X2555, or 610-527-1038 from any other phone).
- Give your location and nature of the crime.
- Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal except in case of self-protection.
- Advise the officer of the situation and remain where you are until contacted by an officer unless you deem your location unsafe.
- If a hostile intruder is discovered in your immediate area, and you deem it unsafe to evacuate, retreat to a secure location such as an office or room that can be locked. Turn off lights, remain quiet, keep low to the ground and hide behind a desk or other furniture
- If safe to do so, stop and take time to get a good description of the criminal. Note height, weight, age, sex, race, hair and eye color, tattoos or facial hair, clothing, weapons if used, method and direction of travel and name if known. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license plate number, make and model, color and outstanding characteristics
- In the event of civil disturbance, continue in as much as possible with your normal routine. If the disturbance is outside, stay away from doors and windows.
- Do not interfere with those persons creating the disturbance or with authorities on the scene.