- Carry your phone with you whenever possible and make sure it is in a safe place whenever you leave it behind. If you are leaving your phone in your car, be sure it is hidden from view.
- Turn off your phone when you are not using it.
- Request a personal identification number.
- Use the "lock" feature on your phone.
- Report a stolen cellular telephone immediately to the cellular telephone carrier and Police.
- Check your monthly bills carefully, and report unfamiliar calls to your cellularphone company.